Make an informed travel decision
All tour operators have their own philosophy and particular set of knowledge and skills. SlowLife.se offers a completely unique flavor all it's own.
The important thing is to enjoy the process of doing something. Not the speed, distance or numbers that can be accomplished. To let things take their time. With SlowLife.se you can expect to have plenty of time to enjoy flowers and to take pictures.
To be busy every day with big groups is not my way of doing things. There are plenty of other fine tour operators catering to those needs. I don't want it to start feeling like a regular 9 to 5 work that has to be done. Instead I want to look forward meeting you, and to enjoy you being here as much as you are enjoying your visit. This means small groups. It also means few groups every year.
I'm looking forward meeting you. Like a friend I haven't seen for a long time, and I will do my best to make you feel comfortable and to have the best of experiences. Those who opt for my services will get everything included in the price and my full attention. No hidden costs and I will be available 24h a day.
You can get more information about slowlife.se and my business philosophy at: About slowlife.se, and What to expect.
Benefits for you
• My knowledge and experience
• The luxury of small groups (1 - 4 participants)
• A local resident
• Safety and convenience
Benefits for the local people and environment
• We don't leave any traces behind us
• I buy locally produced services and goods whenever possible
• 10% of my income goes to support local or regional environmental efforts
• Shows that nature can be economically valuable as it is
Safety and convenience
I will take care of all the practical local arrangements. There is no need for you to worry about things like transportation, food or accommodation. I know the areas where we are going to and I will carry a satellite phone for emergency situations.
When you take contact with me you are talking with the local source of information. No unnecessary middle hands leading to increased possibilities of mistakes and distorted information. I live here and I will personally check that everything will work as planned before you arrive.
I can communicate in Swedish, Finnish, English and Japanese. No worries with language if you would like to make a special arrangement including Norway, Sweden and Finland.
Formal Education and Training
• Certified Nature Guide - a two year education complying to the norms set by the Swedish Mountain Safety Council, a part of the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.
• Saami culture, history and religion (University of Umeå)
• Archeology (University of Umeå)
• Shamanism (University of Gävle)
• Mushrooms (University of Umeå)
• Environmental Ethics (University of Gothenburg)
• Food Culture in Norrland (University of Umeå)
• Japanese (University of Gothenburg, and Tokai University in Sapporo)
• Liability insurance
• Financial guarantee at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce
• Permit to operate in national parks
If there's anything else you need to know, don't hesitate to contact me
Printed from: www.slowlife.se/eng/whychooseus.php